As much as we want to make sure that your shipments will get to their destination safely, there are cases where they may get lost or damaged during transportation. In order to protect your own interests, you can purchase transportation insurance for your goods when you create an order. You can refer to the following detailed steps.
Steps in purchasing Insurance through the Web
1. Enter your shipment details as you normally do
2. Input the shipment content accurately， and tick “Shipping Insurance”
3. Make sure to read Term & Conditions before purchasing.
4. Click “Get Quote” and the shipping insurance premium will be included
Rate (Insured Shipment Value):
Domestic (U.S to U.S) : 0.75%
Minimum Charge: $1
Steps in purchasing Insurance through the App
1. Log in to your Deftship mobile app
2. On the Shipment tab, fill in the origin and destination. Then, click on to (+) Add Package button to edit shipment information.
If you want to require a Signature. You just have to select it from the dropdown.
3. After putting in all the shipment information and before submitting the order, you can purchase insurance by selecting the option from the upper corner. You can also review the Terms and Conditions
4. Then, tap on Get Quotes.
When you’re purchasing insurance, make sure that you review the policies around the coverage. Take special note of:
- Claimable value – typically the current retail value, not necessarily the value it was sold at
- Restricted destinations and commodities
- Signature confirmation requirements for certain types of goods
- Packaging requirements
Using our Shipsurance-provided discount coverage you can:
- Insure USPS First Class International shipments
- Ensure your consolidator shipments (like Asendia, DHL eCommerce, and FedEx SmartPost)
- Purchase coverage directly from within our system
- Cover shipments that are scanned as “delivered” that are actually lost in transit
How to request claim through the DeftShip Dashboard for shipments with NO insurance premium (UPS, FedEx, and DHL Express Only)
Please note, this is only for UPS, FedEx, and DHL Express, Basic Liability Coverage by Carrier, with no insurance premium from Deftship. Most carriers include basic liability coverage for several service levels, the table below summarizes the basic ...
How to request claim through the carrier for shipments with NO premium insurance purchased (USPS Only)
If you didn’t purchase premium insurance for USPS Shipments, the claim filing process will go through USPS directly. USPS Claim Processes Basic Liability Coverage by USPS $100 insurance included for outbound and return shipments. Tracking options ...
How to request claim through Shipsurance portal for shipments with premium insurance (UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL Express)
After you purchase additional insurance in your Ddeftship account, you can apply for a package claim (UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL Express) through the Shipsurance website Requirements and Timelines Lost shipments can be claimed after: Within 20 ...
Introduction to each page of the Deftship system
Here is a preview of all tabs available in Deftship v2. 1. Orders Tab A. New Shipment How to create a new shipment order Shipment to Canada How to Purchase Insurance (3rd Party) How to add signature confirmation on my Label B. Open orders How to ...
UPS Ground Saver: Comprehensive Information
UPS Ground Saver is a cost-effective ground shipping service designed for sending non-urgent, low-value shipments to residential addresses. UPS Ground Saver is specially crafted for reliable delivery of low-value shipments to residential ...