Steps to submit a claim
Claims can only be made on packages purchased with Shipsurance additional insurance, please refer to the following steps:
1. Visit the Shipsurance website to apply for a claim, by clicking HERE
NOTE: Items with an asterisk (*) are required
1.1. You need to fill in the U.S. account information and detailed address that can be collected. If you do not have a U.S. account or you are not in the U.S., our company can also collect the claim money on your behalf.
1.2. After the claim is successful, the system will automatically recharge your Deftship account.
2. Fill in the claim information
As shown in the figure below, you need to fill in the detailed claim content (with an asterisk * required items)
3. Choose a Claim payment method.
There are three methods of payment for claims:
A. Mail a check to the claim address you filled out
B. Send a check via email
C. Email via PayPal
4. Submit a claim
Make sure you check that the information you filled out above is correct, then click Submit Claim, and a Claims Specialist will contact you if any additional information is required.
Lost shipments can be claimed after:
- Within 20 calendar days or within 14 days from the last tracking update for domestic shipments.
- For international and APO/FPO shipments, 40 calendar days or 14 days from the last tracking update
- Damaged shipments can be filed immediately upon the receipt of the package.
- A claim must be raised no later than 120 calendar days from the shipment date.
To check the status of the existing claims, please visit here.