UPS Ground Saver is a cost-effective ground shipping service designed for sending non-urgent, low-value shipments to residential addresses.
UPS Ground Saver is specially crafted for reliable delivery of low-value shipments to residential destinations, allowing you to save money on domestic shipping when time sensitivity isn't crucial. This service also extends its reach to shipping to PO Boxes, U.S. Territories, and Military Addresses worldwide.
Key Highlights of UPS Ground Saver
Here are the essential points to remember about UPS Ground Saver:
- UPS Ground Saver offers the most economical UPS service available on Deftship.
- Deliveries can be made seven days a week, including Saturdays and Sundays.
- It is tailored for small, lightweight packages destined for residential locations and without urgent delivery requirements.
- UPS Ground Saver packages are handled within the UPS network and may be delivered by UPS or handed over to the local Post Office for final delivery by USPS.
Understanding a UPS Ground Saver Label
UPS Ground Saver labels differ slightly from regular UPS labels since USPS handles the last-mile delivery in some cases. These labels contain two tracking numbers and multiple addresses, which may appear confusing.
Here's a breakdown of the components:
- Your Shipping Address
- Address of the local Post Office where UPS will hand off the package
- UPS Tracking Number for the UPS portion of the journey
- Recipient's delivery address
- USPS Tracking Number for the last-mile delivery
Tracking UPS Ground Saver Packages
Similar to all other UPS shipments, you can monitor tracking updates for UPS Ground Saver packages on your Deftship shipment page. You can click on the tracking number directly to get you to UPS website.
UPS Ground Saver labels on Deftship come with $100 of carrier liability, but this coverage only applies when UPS has possession of the package. If USPS takes over the last-mile delivery, UPS is no longer responsible, and the $100 carrier liability ceases to apply. It's advisable to purchase additional insurance for full coverage during the entire shipment journey.
Limitations and Considerations
Here are some guidelines for UPS Ground Saver shipments:
- UPS Ground Saver is for residential addresses, not commercial destinations.
- It allows shipping to PO Boxes, Military Addresses, and U.S. Territories.
- Packages must meet specific size and weight limits.
- There is a surcharge for packages exceeding size limits.
- Signature Confirmation is not available for UPS Ground Saver.
- Rubber stamps cannot be added to Ground Saver labels.
- The shipment may be subject to both UPS and USPS policies, depending on last-mile delivery.
Surcharges may apply, including non-standard cube and length charges. For more information on UPS surcharges
, please refer to Deftship guidelines.
How to do Paperless Trade with UPS and Deftship
UPS Paperless Invoice is an industry that promotes sustainability and eliminates the need for paper commercial invoices by integrating order and shipment processing, and transmitting commercial invoice data to enable clearance by customs offices ...
How to submit information for review
How to Submit your Company information for review 1. Log in to the Deftship system NOTE: If you are a newly registered account, you need to pass the verification. 2. Click Needs verification in the upper right corner. 3. Select the Country. You can ...
How to request claim through the DeftShip Dashboard for shipments with NO insurance premium (UPS, FedEx, and DHL Express Only)
Please note, this is only for UPS, FedEx, and DHL Express, Basic Liability Coverage by Carrier, with no insurance premium from Deftship. Most carriers include basic liability coverage for several service levels, the table below summarizes the basic ...
How to request claim through Shipsurance portal for shipments with premium insurance (UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL Express)
After you purchase additional insurance in your Ddeftship account, you can apply for a package claim (UPS, FedEx, USPS, and DHL Express) through the Shipsurance website Requirements and Timelines Lost shipments can be claimed after: Within 20 ...
How to Activate Your UPS account in Deftship
Deftship is now a UPS Certified vendor. Hence, UPS is requiring system users to activate their account. NOTE: You only need to activate once. After activation, it will be all set and no need to do the same steps in your future UPS shipping with ...